For thousands of people each year in the US, the answer is yes, because revision rhinoplasty offered them a terrific result, improving their lives in many significant ways. If, however, you feel that your nose doesn’t create a significant distraction in your life or hold you back in any way from being your best self, you may decide not to undergo surgery. Looking into the procedure further should help you make a more confident decision about what is right for you.
People typically seek revision rhinoplasty due to a problem that was never addressed in the primary rhinoplasty surgery or to a problem that was actually created by that initial rhinoplasty. Before making a final decision to undergo the procedure, look into the options for you specifically—then decide whether rhinoplasty makes sense in your case. Consult with a NJ rhinoplasty specialist (or two) to find out what your possibilities are. An experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist can generally offer an improvement on your previous rhinoplasty outcome, and you can enjoy your new look for the rest of your life.
Revision Rhinoplasty: Consider All the Costs
When deciding if revision rhinoplasty to correct problems with your nose is worthwhile, be sure to add up all the costs, not just the price tag. For example, your time is a cost – it will take a couple of weeks to recover initially from revision rhinoplasty. Balance that against the time you may spend now, on a daily basis, being bothered, hindered or distracted by your nose.
If the above calculation makes you decide to go forward with revision rhinoplasty in NJ, further consider your time (another cost of any surgical procedure) and its value. Also consider quality – consider how important it is that the procedure be done right this time. Make sure you get the very best surgeon, a true rhinoplasty expert in NJ. Even if the price tag is higher, seeing an expert will save you time, frustration and disappointment. Your investment in the right plastic surgeon for your secondary rhinoplasty will help you get the best possible result.
Protect Your Investment: Put Experience to Work for You in Revision Rhinoplasty
Revision rhinoplasty with an experienced, highly-qualified plastic surgeon at your side is typically a worthwhile endeavor. At our practice, we’re referred some of the more complex cases from across the country—and the vast majority of patients can expect improvement in the look and function of their nose. We truly enjoy helping patients be the best they can be, and your chosen surgeon should also have this level of dedication.
Ours is an aesthetic and reconstructive practice, so working with difficult cases, as well as more simple, straightforward rhinoplasty revisions is our calling. Be sure to seek out an equally experienced, dedicated rhinoplasty specialist when you consider (and if you decide to undergo) revision rhinoplasty surgery. Remember that not every patient and surgeon make a great team. Talk to more than one practice if necessary to find the one that is just right for you. This should make the experience well worthwhile and you won’t regret it.
Surgical Challenges in Revision Rhinoplasty
You need one of the very best NJ rhinoplasty surgeons for a revision, since there are challenges to be dealt with from your past rhinoplasty procedure.
Challenges for your revision rhinoplasty surgeon include:
- Weakened nasal structure
- Scar tissue
- Insufficient bone or cartilage, requiring grafts from your ear or other body areas (These are then custom-shaped, sculpted and properly fixed in place, to fill in for missing tissues)
- Aesthetic challenges, since your results should include a natural look that enhances your entire face and also corresponds to your own unique sense of beauty and identity
Why Revision Rhinoplasty Requires Expert Skill
Your revision rhinoplasty surgeon must recreate a nose that:
- Looks natural
- Corrects problems created (or never properly addressed) by your prior nose job
- Suits your face
- Is visually symmetrical
- Has a pleasing appearance, including details like overall size, how much the nostrils show, how wide or narrow the bridge is, how far the tip projects from the face, and more
- Reflects your wishes and goals
- Balances your other features to create a harmonious look
- Allows you to breathe well
- Holds up structurally throughout your life
Achieving the Look You Want from Revision Rhinoplasty
Choose a top revision rhinoplasty surgeon and one who has great listening skills to go along with their surgical expertise. You and your plastic surgeon will be working together on a crucial project, as you plan your revision procedure. Make sure your chosen surgeon shows genuine interest in your desires and your personal taste, as most elite rhinoplasty surgeon do. Your surgeon should ask you lots of questions about what bothers you about the look of your nose and about any breathing problems you may have.
A top rhinoplasty surgeon can provide an honest, expert assessment of your options for correcting your rhinoplasty. If your goal for rhinoplasty revision surgery is not realistic given the state of your anatomy, your surgeon will let you know. A top rhinoplasty surgeon or NJ reconstructive surgeon is typically able to offer distinctive improvement in the appearance and function of your nose, correcting any errors that your prior surgeon might have made. This may or may not match the look you have been envisioning or that would be your absolute ideal. Be prepared to collaborate with your surgeon for the best revision rhinoplasty outcome.
How are Secondary Rhinoplasty Costs Determined?
The following factors generally go into the total cost of corrective rhinoplasty. If you receive a high price quote from a particular surgeon, keep in mind that a high price is no guarantee of quality, expertise and a happy outcome. On the other hand, a seemingly bargain price can be a red flag that you won’t be getting the expertise, experience, careful planning, problem solving and meticulous surgical skill required to deliver an excellent result for you.
Pricing for NJ revision rhinoplasty surgery is partly determined by:
- Surgeon’s fee (Takes into account board certification, years of experience, advanced training and scheduling availability.)
- Complexity of the surgical procedure (Rhinoplasty, especially revision, is one of the most complex surgeries to get right.)
- Geographical costs (Often, highly populated coastal cities are most expensive, however plastic surgeons are typically more experienced in these regions of the country, which is to your advantage as a patient.)
- Surgical center with accreditation (This helps ensure a top safety record.)
- Length of time in the surgery center operating room (Surgical centers are reserved by the hour. When you choose a rhinoplasty specialist, who may charge a higher fee, their experience allows them to operate efficiently, precisely and decisively. This means that they can generally complete your procedure in less time than a less-experienced or bargain-priced surgeon. You’ll save money on the surgery center portion of the bill – and you’ll get a superior result.)
- General anesthesia (This is most often used.)
- Anesthesiologist’s background (General anesthesia should be administered by a specialist MD with years of experience.)
Be sure to clarify the total price for your surgery after your consultation with your plastic surgeon. Some practices may quote fees that appear low – until you realize that you’ll be billed separately, from several sources, after your procedure. Make sure you understand what’s included in your fee and get a grand total.
Although financial concerns are important, remember that the highest price you could pay is a disappointing or just plain awful result after revision rhinoplasty. You’ve already gone through an unsatisfactory experience with your primary rhinoplasty. This time, be sure to go with a NJ rhinoplasty surgeon that you’ve thoroughly researched, and one you have come to trust. That is the most impactful thing you can do to make your corrective rhinoplasty surgery worth the costs.
The Importance of Trust in the Patient-Surgeon Relationship for Revision Rhinoplasty
You want your surgeon to be clear and honest, so you know what is truly, realistically possible through surgery and what you can expect from corrective rhinoplasty. You should get the feeling that your NJ rhinoplasty surgeon will try his or her best, based on years of experience and advanced training, to give you the best outcome possible.
Ideally, you should get the feeling you are talking to a surgeon who is devoted to doing his or her best for patients. When you work closely with a plastic surgeon who listens and communicates well, and provides you with the benefit of their expertise, you should get an outcome you will love after your revision rhinoplasty. A tremendous result should make the experience well worth the costs.